Hello,

I am using a PLC5/25 and Microsoft Access using DDE
by RSLinx Professional.
Now I want start a macro in Access when a bit, example B3/0,
is "1".
How must I do this?

mulderm

Mulderm,

You will have to create a Subroutine as an Event on a Form, with proper Dimension and setup statements. Then you call your Macro, something like this:

If Word B3:0 = 1 Then DoCmd.RunMacro "Macro Name Here"

Last edited:
RSLinx will be required. Look at RSLinx help, under the table of contents -> collect data -> getting data into applicaitons. There is some sample VBA code there. You will have to configure a DDE link to return the B3:0 word (you can only return the word) and a VBA routine in Access that will run on a periodic interval to look at word and OR it with 1 to see if B3/0 is set. Then if the bit is set that routine will call your macro.

mulderm said:
I know to make a hot-link in Excel but how is
mulderm said:

this in Access?

mulderm

This is not a hotlink like in Excel where data is continually updating in a spreadsheet cell. You are going to have to create some VBA code in Access. This code must be executed periodically to look at the DDE link and assign the B3:0 to an internal word. Then that word will have to be bitwise AND-ed a mask to identify the individual bit you want, eg,

Sub PLC_Read()

'open dde link: ddetopicname=DDE Topic

RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLinx", "ddetopicname")

'get data and store in data variable

data = DDERequest(RSIchan, "B3:0")

‘close dde link

DDETerminate (RSIchan)

'Bitwise And data with 1 to mask all bits except B3/0

data = data And 1

'call the macro if b3/0 is set

If data then

‘whatever code you need goes here or a call to your macro.

End If

End Sub

This is only a portion of what you will need and is only an example. Look at RSLinx help for some VBA examples. This is probably something that will require at least a basic proficiency with VBA.

Hello,

GREAT!!!
I have some code write in the module.
This code executed periodically 1 sec when B3/0 is "1".
I have make a form with the Event Form_Timer with an
interval of 1000 (1 sec.), there is the code PLC_READ from
Alaric en these call the code in the module.
It works excellent but there is one problem.
When I open another form or Table of the database there is a delay to scroll to the records.
The cursor change every second, I think because of the Event.
Is there a solution for this problem?

Greetings,

mulderm

mulderm,
When a macro runs is disables the screen updating. Read below to fix this "Feature".

1. start vb editor in Excel

2. click on help

3. search for "screenupdating"

you will get answer with example code

BD

Mulderm, thats great! So often we don't hear back if a suggestion worked or not. Glad to hear it. I think Bikerdude pointed you in the right direction for the solution to the new problem.