Starting RSLinx and Excel-file automatically

mulderm

Hello,

I use RSLinx V2.43 with RSLogix5 on a Windows98 pc.
Also using DDE with the Microsoft Office 2000 package.
Now I want when I starting the pc that automatically
the RSLinx Server and an Excel-file starts.
Because when I starting my Excel file there must be a link
with RSLinx.
How must I do this in my autoexec.bat?

Greetings,

mulderm

You can add shortcuts of Excel and RSLinx in Start>Programs>Startup so that windows will start them automatically.

Another method is to modify your registry file. Type regedit in your Start>Run and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. here you can add the link for these programs . Be careful when you edit the registry editor. If you make a small mistake, your system will get screwed up.

With RSLinx shut down, go to START>PROGRAMS>ROCKWELL SOFTWARE>RSLINX. Open the RSLinx Launch Control Panel. Check the box that says "Always run as a service", the re-start RSLinx. Now RSLinx will autoamtically run minimized on the Windows task bar whenever the computer is booted-up.

You can run RS LInx as a service

In the Start Menu -> RS Linx -> RS Linx Launch Control Panel, select as in the image. Ensure when you configure your driver in RSLinx, the start up option set to 'Automatic'.

Service.jpg

This will make your required driver up and running upon boot.

To start excel as what was suggested, use a short cut in the start up program.

Strange!!

I'm using RSLinx 2.40.01 Professional. It have(By default) the 'Launch control Panel'.:confused:

Wonder, is it an Op System thing(W98) or not???