Wiring Questions

tpogue

I am trying to integrate a AB Slc 500 with a Motoman MRC. I am wanting to receive an input from the robot to the plc. The robot has relay type outputs. The plc has a Sourcing input card. I am kinda confused on the wiring. Should I take the 24v powersupply and go to the common on the robot output. then from the output on the robot to the input of the plc. ////

Or should I go from the input of the plc to the output of the robot and tie the common on the robot to the common on the 24v powersupply.

Thanks for the help.

if by common, you are referring to the common terminal of the relay output...the yes. Fuse the output + from the power supply. Then run from the fuse to the relay common. From the NC/NO terminal (you didn't specify), run a wire to the input terminal of the PLC.