Trouble Shooting In S7 300 If Fb Is Used

sanjay_snj

hi all

how to trouble shoot a circuit, where same FB (FB1) is called by two functions FC1 & FC2 as in the attached file.

My problem is my pump is not starting and i need to know for which signal condition is not met. but when i go online with FC1 or FC2, i can see only that output is not 1.

when i see FB1 in online, i cannot see the correct picture as it is being called by two FCs.

any idea ?

thanx

The quickest way is only call fb1 once, debug it, and then you can call it as many times as you like.

For more complex situations, use the debug option in the block editor. Make sure you have test operation enabled and then you can specify the call up path for monitoring in FB1.

lots of thanx simon. its really a very big help to me. i was really getting mad when i was facing problem in similar application in my plant and i was not able to see the actual condition in the FBs.i just now tested my small program and found nice.

thanx once again.

one more problem. in one of my program FC4 (for pump) function is called in FC14 in network 10 & 14. In network 10, this is called for Pump#1 and passed the parameter of pump#1. In network 14, it is called for Pump#2 and passed parameters of pump#2.

i have problem with pump#2 and i want to see FC4, where the logic is build as local parameters.

when i enable test function and click debug->call environment, i do not have the option to select the network number. how to select it for pump#1 or 2.

any idea ?

Here's an idea that I use sometimes:

Copy the FC to another FC ("FC_test"). Download FC_test to the PLC.
Where the FC is called in the program, change the old FC to FC_test. Download the calling block to the PLC.
Now go online with FC_test and you can see what is going on.

When done, change the calling block back to what is was before and download it to the PLC. Finally delete FC_test.