forcing

With forcing you can overwrite I/O. This is handy for testing purpose. The message is also handy, you can't forget to switch off the forcing. Forgetting to switch off forcing can have nasty concequeses, depending on the function the I/O was performing.

Ya cos like u will be able to move an arm that's supposed to wait till another shaft is out of the way. So u'll hav to know the machine movements cos u'll be bypassing interlocks.

Warning! All force functions can result in sudden machine movement, possibly injuring personnel or equipment. USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN USING FORCES!

(AND THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS! PLAIN AND SIMPLE...)

Forcing allows you to override the actual status of external input circuits by forcing external input data file bits on or off. You can also override the processor logic and status of output data file bits by forcing output circuits on or off.

You can enter and enable or disable forces while you are monitoring your file offline or in any processor mode while monitoring your file online. This can be done by using right mouse button functionality to force an I/O bit on or off or by accessing the force table for the input or output file and enabling or removing forces from there.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

Do the work yourself, you will be better for it!

ahmed1 said:
When the "forcing" is used in plc, a warning message appears explain the need for this.

I know you are taking a PLC course, but I am wondering if you have a teacher, textbook or any of the usual items associated with learning. Merely posting the questions on your assignment sheet is not the best way to learn. You may get a good grade, but it won't be because you earned it or understand the answers you gave to get it. Since I teach PLCs, I know from whence I speak!