convert s5 -> s7

Ladder

hello,

i convert a program from s5 to s7. i have a lot of function calls with parameters in LAD. when in convert the program there is not possible to show this function calls in lad - only in STL. why? in s5 it was possible. its the same call. please help me

ladderfrank

Hello Ladder;

In Step7, you can convert Lad and FBD networks to STL (in the View menu of the program editor) but the reverse (going from STL to a graphic format) requires specific lines of program. Specifically the instruction [NOP 0] has to be inserted in specific places of the STL code to allow switching to a graphic representation (they are placeholders for unused parameters).

You could try this: open a new FC in Ladder, and program a call to any function from the library (say SFC 20, Blkmov). Give it some acceptable parameters. Then go to the View menu and switch to STL representation. You will see at least one NOP 0 in the code; remember where they are and delete these NOP 0 instructions; try to go back to LAD (you can't); re-insert the NOP 0 that you removed, switch to LAD and presto! It works now...

In your conversion from S5, insert NOP 0 instructions in a similar manner in the STL code that will not go to ladder; you should be able to move back and forth from Ladder to STL.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Lad

Hello,

thanks for your answer. But i have over 200 function calls with many parameters. is there no way to make this automatically? no hidden function in step7?

ladderfrank

Hello ladder;

From the lack of response to your queries, you should have your answer by now... There is no automatic conversion from STL to LAD/FBD in Step 7 if the structure of the STL network is not adequate for translation.
Only one type of mechanism exists: a good, working and willing human brain. Either learn STL syntax and use it in your converted project, or produce the LAD code from your understanding of the STL.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Some instrution like LIR and TIR is not possible to conver from S5 to S7, also some PB like 250 AnalogIn or PB251 AnalogOut, you must take the idea and make by yourself