Plc

I don't know. I for one didn't, because I started out as a simple electrician. After about 5 years on the job proving what I was worth, I became a PLC installer and somewhat later I began programming too. After 13 years I switched jobs, and now I'm teaching how to program PLCs.

I guess I happens like this for most guys out here, based on what has been said about this in previous threads.

Kind regards,

I am not sure of the term fresher, but will guess that is someone new, with no experience.

NOTE: I did not say entry level. Entry level used to convey a position starting out, for someone new, no experience, and low pay. Now days, I see lots of entry level positions requiring 5 years or more experience.

If I was to bring someone in to help me, they would have to understand a vriety of things. With NO plc experience, they would have to understand electricity and electronics, have a good mechanical aptitude, and a lot of common sense, plent of computer experience, and understand what the heck I am talking about.

Pesonaaly, I would want to see a good background in blueprint reading, free hand skething, and drafting.

Eventually, the PLC stuph could be learned.

Most facilities I have been in lately, seem to use technicians, fresh off the streets, to do their programming. The can't spell PLC, but program them. It may take them longer, but they are saving a ton of money.

Now, what type of job are you looking for?

Designer, Engineer, Programmer, Panel Assembler, Field Technician, or ???

If you went to scholl, they should have placement assistance. Do you have a local office of emplment security or economic development? Engineering and personnal firms are a good place to work.

Or come out here to the cornfields where I live. There is probably 2 engineers, three technicians, and 5 electricians, for every filled plc position within a 50 mile radius.

There seems to be a lot of openings in India. Check the PLC Jobs button, above.

Post your resume, andPLEASE put it in the section for Jobs Wanted, not Jobs offered.

Maybe it's because PLC's have only become main stream the last 25 years or so, but almost everyone that I know kind of backed into PLC programming. Everyone started off doing something else, mechanic, electrician, engineer, etc... PLC's became part of the job, and then became the job. Not sure how you would start off fresh. The most recent newbie that I encountered, started off as an electrican's helper, showed good common sense, asked a lot of intelligent questions, and had an extremely good attitude. Took a couple of night courses at the local technical school, and always volunteered for any and all controls work. When an opening came up for someone to learn PLC's I highly recommended him.

So...
I guess you first have to get your foot in the door, then migrate to PLC's.

Start

I was very young when i started in the automation bussiness, it was fresh out of varsity, and i first did panel designs, loop schematics ect. mostly design work and project managament.

I was lucky the company where i worked did small projects and i was able to design , manage and eventually start teaching myself how to do PLC's.

It was a blessing, i had the right resources (plc'S) available on demand and learned on a trial and error basis.

[
Everyone started off doing something else, mechanic, electrician, engineer, etc... PLC's became part of the job, and then became the job. Not sure how you would start off fresh

I would suggest you understand the legs and arms (electronics in field) before attempting to understand the brain( PLC CPU).

regards

Rheinhardt