hurricane

Unregistered

U
I'm tring to upload application from AB 1000 panel view,and have the right cable.I can't upload file, for it keeps saying check cable or panelview may be
sending data to printer.I can use same cable and talk to a AB 5/03.I've been away from AB for couple years programming Siemens HMI&PLCS.

My suggestion would be to enter the Configuration Mode. Under Communication Setup look to see what Node the PV is set to. Also check Terminal Info, look at Hardware, it will tell you what type of communication the PV is set for....DH+, DH485, so on.

Later,
Micheal

You might also find that the port you are using has been configured for a printer - again , configuration settings

The cable from a standard serial port to a 5/03 is a crossover ( 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 ). I'm fairly certain the cable to a PV1000 upload/download port is a straight thru cable from a PC serial port.

jstolaruk said:
The cable from a standard serial port to a 5/03 is a crossover ( 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 ). I'm fairly certain the cable to a PV1000 upload/download port is a straight thru cable from a PC serial port.
That's exactly right, Jstolaruk. You have to use a null modem to upload/download to a PV1000 when using a the same cable you'd use to talk to the 5/03.