ti505 TIMER: what resolution?

aleb2

sorry I'm new in ti505 programming,i don't understand how i can choose the resolution for timer TMR (by number?)

Thanks

There are two timer types in 505-series PLCs - TMR and TMRF

The TMR has a maximum value of 32767 x 0.1s = 3276.7 secs
The TMRF has a maximum value of 32767 x 0.001s = 32.767 secs

These types are not dependent on the timer number you choose. You can program each one as either a TMR or a TMRF (but not both in the same program!)

Regards

Ken

Since you are new to the 505, I will remind you that counters and timers use the same memory area, so each timer and counter must have a unique number. For example if you have timers 1-10, then the first number available for a counter is 11. If 11 is used for a counter, and you need another timer, the next timer would be 12.

This may be something you were already aware of but it never hurts to be careful.

that's a good point, ken, threw me for a loop when i started on the 505. also in the documentation, looking at X34 i saw it was a light, which is an output. so if you have a Y34, you can't have a X34, like the 405. but it will give you that in the documentation.

Yes the inputs and outputs also use the same memory area, so you cannot have an input and output with the same number. But this can be useful when connecting an HMI. Rather then having two polls, one for the X's and one for the Y's, you can use a single poll that reads them all.