Joining DH485 network to DH+ network

hhuong

Hi All,

I know this might sound easy to all of you but I still trying to figure this out.

I am looking for a way to network all the plc modules in a plant.
Those plc modules include couple SLC5/01, SLC5/02, SLC5/03, SLC5/04, micrologix, and SLC500.

I would like to keep DH+ network as my main network. Based on your experience, what method would be the best to link all those PLC together? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Herbert

change the processors ! to all match , try 5/03's all round for cheapest
network option (DH485), or 5/04 for DH+
Might seem like a big deal, but the costs of networking all etc , it
might just be cheaper / quicker

Nowadays I would go for Ethernet. Cannot see any reason to use extensively DH+ or DH485 in new (upgrading) projects. There is too many features in Ethernet that I cannot see any chance for competition.

IMHO

hhuong, check into the 1760-netaic. I believe that you can buy one of these for each processor and that will allow all of them to be networked together DH-485. There will probably be some complications with the 5/05 and maybe a couple of others but check with your AB rep and he can help you design a network.