data collection and integration

sweety616,

This is a very broad question, so here is a broad answer:

Data collection can be implemented (brought into the PLC) by some type of Input Module, or it can be the result of internal calculations in the PLC. In either case, the data (numbers) are stored in memory locations inside the microporcessor (CPU). Integration means to combine with other items. Data can be combined, manipulated, and changed using ladder logic programming instructions, or some other type of prgram commands.

I am interviewing for a job that requires development of data collection and integration software. what does that mean? and what sort of questions can i expect in the interview?

sweety616 said:
how do you implement data collection and integration in PLCs??

It's like mating elephants - it's done at a very high level, and it takes two years to see the results.

Seriously, if you don't have any clue about the answer to your questions you are probably not qualified for the job. Go into the interview honestly admitting your lack of expertise, but expressing a willingness to work long hours at low pay so you can learn the field, and hope that they want someone to enter a training program.

sweety616,

I don't know anything about the company you are applying to, but it does not sound like a PLC programming job. I would guess it is working with some type of database software. The heart of database software is the sorting and search routines. Without those, data cannot be sorted into alphabetical or numerical order, a must for a fast program that handles thousands of records.

They will ask you the usual questions, all variations of "What can you do for us?", such as:

"What experiences have you that make you qualified for this job?"
"What are your goals?"
"What would you like to be doing in 5 years?"
"Do you enjoy working with a team of people, or had you rather work alone?"

What they really want to know is: Do you have a work ethic that will get you to the job ontime and keep your nose to the grindstone? The rest of the stuff they can teach you. If a person does not have a desire to work, then all else is moot.

Last edited:
HI

data collection and integration mean all the word of pc and plc control or in any control system ,it mean(scan) featch all inputs ,proccessing according to ladder then output so to inter this word you must know in details all types of inputs , scan time so to not lose any input ,buildind complex ladder with analoge , register and discrete variables also wide information in process control, i think the questions cover all about plc.