Siemens S5 program of unknown revision.

noranb

Hi.

I've received a request to update hardware/software on 3x Siemens 545-1103 systems. There is no functional description along with the software so the idea is to open existing software and rewrite this to a newer hardware platform.(PUH!) Together with the request have I received the existing software, these are with file extension names such as:
*.2BF, *.ALM, *.APP, *.CCP, *.CH5, *.CIP, *.CJP, *.CMT, *.CSP, *.KMM, *.LIS, *.LOP, *.MS, *.PFB, *.PGM, *.PRT, *.SIP, *.SJP, *.STP, *.SUB, *.SVP, *.SWP, *.SYN, *.SCP, *.TTL, *.VMM, *.VP5

I have a S5 viewer for dos ver3.00, one for windows 4.06 and a later one ver 5XX, but at leat the windows versions only accepts a project file.

Can anyone explain why every file in this folder have different extensions, and the revision of the editor I most likely have to use.
I am not sure if these files are original source files or uploaded from PLC.

BR

AAA

If you are converting to S7, then STEP7 has a utility for converting TI programs to S7.

But you should still have at least a printout or a PDF of the original in order to figure out the functionality of the original program.

Forget it for all but the most basic applications , you can end up with a right snakes nest , if I had logic in hard copy form , I would tend to start from scratch - a drudge , but better than wasting loads of time on a failed conversion - there would be nothing to prevent you converting some of it , and hand converting the rest .

All of the extensions you list are from the TISOFT software, which is the original DOS software for programming the 545 PLC. TISOFT, and the Windows replacement for TISOFT, which is 505 WorkShop from FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. www.fast-soft.com are your only 2 applications available for programming the 545, and for recognizing those file extensions you have. The 505 WorkShop is much nicer to work with.