Omron Question, Is There A Battery Low Bit ?

mark30504

HELLO

I HAVE A CS1W CLK21 PROCESSOR

IS THERE A WAY TO MONITOR THE BATTERY FROM A BIT IN THE PLC ?

ALSO IS THERE WAY TO TELL IF THERE IS A FAULT IN THE PLC THOUGH A BIT OR BITS ?

IF SO, WHAT ARE THESE BITS AND HOW DO I ACCESS THEM.

THANKS

[email protected]

Yes there is a low battery alarm. You set it in the settings screen.

You also can look at the error log to see what the plc says is wrong.

Toggle on the watch window and click on the + signs on the PLC icons on to see the tree. Then double click on the words settings or error log. The error log can be translated using the programming manual. You may also find the info in the help menu.

You can change the settings off line and down load them seperately from the program and other features.

You must be on line to see the error log, unless you saved it previously. While you are at it, click on the clock and sync it.

The CLK21 is not a processor. Iyt is a Controller Link network card.

The processor will have a number like CJ1M-CPU12.

Yes there is a low battery flag. It is A402.04 and can be found in the fixed global symbols in CX-Programmer. The error light on the CPU will flash for a non fatal alarm such as this or remain steady for a fatal alarm.

Yes, you can monitor a heap of faults in the PLC from remote I/O, Controller Link off line etc etc. All these bits can be found in the manual "CJ1H/CJ1G/CJ1M Operation Manual" W393-E1-07 or later. Here is a link to part 1 http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/5144D99E4B823F2686256FD5006FC4C5/$File/M11W393E107_1of2.pdf?OpenElement and here is a link to part 2 http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/3AB64ED4627128D886256FD50070E4D4/$File/M11W393E107_2of2.pdf?OpenElement