Omron NBX hmi question

Killercal

Hey everyone, I'm new to this type of HMI and I have a couple of questions.

1) I'm creating a screen with text on it and base font is "DFNB-EN" when I change it to "Arial" I'm prompted with a message saying "do you have a license for this" or something similar. Will this cause any issues after downloading the program?

2) This one may be a bit harder to answer, but....My customer wants to have a screen that show the status of the machine. This machine has motors that run in different zones at different times and they'd like to have it displayed on the status screen. What they proposed to me was a text string that would show which motors are running (9 in total). I'm not sure if it's possible to do that without a lot of coding in the PLC or really that practical. I was thinking of having a indicator for each motor that would go green when that motor was active and grey when off. Thoughts???

3) This is an existing screen and works and I'm just changing/adding screens. Is there anything that I should be aware of that would prevent me from downloading, running the screens? I uploaded with USB cable, so I'm assuming I just download the same way.

Thanks.

Long time since I did Omron but you can have a text that has it's visibility driven off either an internal bit or an output in the PLC for example just create a text object set it's visibility to say the output that drives the motor, I'm sure there is one for a text with visibility. then no PLC programming required.

Long time since I did Omron but you can have a text that has it's visibility driven off either an internal bit or an output in the PLC for example just create a text object set it's visibility to say the output that drives the motor, I'm sure there is one for a text with visibility. then no PLC programming required.

Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking something similar, but would have gaps in the text when the motor was off....the customer would like something like this below.

Motors:
A,B,D,F

That's what he envisions when motors 1, 2, 4 and 6 are on. I don't know how to make that string without gaps of the motors that are not on.

Here is the way I would do it.
Not in Omron as I don't have it but in Mitsubishi FBD so should translate into Omron if it has the ability to indirect address an array.
The principal is to init the variables, set the text to "A" and set all the text fields D20 to D45 to space so clears the current text before starting the loop then in a loop check if the motor is running (note: you will need contiguous bits to represent the motors & the same for the Display of text of 26) so for example you have memories D20 to D45 (an array of 26 registers) same for the Motor status bits.
It checks the first motor bit, if on moves the ascii char (61) "A" into the first location of the text array. then increments the pointer to the next location pointer
If not true it just increments the pointer to the motor & the next ascii char.

motors.png

Attachments

• motors.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 4