Struggling to get good connectivity with Omron PLC (CS) and KeserverEx

Mihir_007

Hi There,
I have couple of Omron PLCs connected on my kepserverex and my intouch reads data from kepserverex. I have been observing that roughly at every 40 seconds connections drops and KepserverEx log an error sainyg 'Device is not connected'. and within few seconds it automatically gets connected logging the data in to the client. However, for the same time period, If i track the ping status of that particular device it responds correctly.
Tried every check with PLC settings as well as KepserverEx settings. Can anybody please help? It is happening for almost all the omron PLC.

Are you using the Ethernet/IP tag protocol? I'm seeing a similar thing with Omron NJ communications. In my case it seems that closing the TCP socket connection after each communication and reopening it for the next one helped the performance alot. I don't know if Kepware has that as a settable option.

Any idea how many connection we can made on omron PLC?
I have total 4 OPC server. 2 kepserverEx with 1 running 1 standby and 2 Industrial Gateway server for MES. For kepserverex both the server had same configuration however while running OPC client on both of it, I have observed that i goes in to bad data state where as during the same period another kepserver stays in good data state. Unable to understand the issue....
:(