Directsoft question

It depends on the model of the PLC. On the 230, 330,340, and 430 forcing is not allowed. Offhand I think the rest allow it. Check out elevmike's link on how to turn it on.

This may not be the "right" way to do it but I put a N.O. SP1 (Always on) contact in a parallel branch to force (bridge) a contact on or I put a N.O. SP2 (Always off) contact in series with a contact to force (block) it off.

Sid

Joe,

You can go to "Debug, Data View, New", and set up a data view to "write" a 1 or 0 to various memory locations. However these bits will only stay on or off until something else changes them. So if you want to "force" a bit on of off as in the old Allen-Bradley software, then do as Sid suggests, add a temporary SP1 or SP2 instruction to the rung.

I tend to agree with Mike,that the way I use too.

You can also go to PLC ,Overrides,and write the bit you want to force,(this way is very clumsy)