RSview 32 and controllogix

huynt

Dear all
I want to use RSview 32 with Controllogix. I must to use OPC driver?. I cannot use direct driver?.
Thanks

Thank all.
But, In RSview 32. Direct driver cannnot support controllogix?. I see it have for Softlogix, SLC, PLC5 and SLC enhance.

Simple answer: the Direct Driver does NOT support ControlLogix, OPC is the way to go. OPC tag browsing is supported but only if the RSView Node has no Access Path in its definition.

Just make it simple. Using the Ethernet cable to communicate between controllogix and RSView 32 with RSlinx. Under Node, Choose OPC Server

Hi,

I am developing an RSView32 application with ControlLogix right now. This is my setup with which is working fine:

1. You must have a version of RSLinx installed that supports OPC connections, since you can't use a direct driver with ControlLogix from RSView32 as a few posters have mentioned. I am using RSLinx Gateway.

2. Create a new driver in RSLinx of type AB-ETH1 (Ethernet). Configure at least the address of the PLC you want to browse tags on. You should now be able to browse the PLC in the RSWho window.

3. Now you need to create a topic so RSView32 can use it to access tag data. In the DDE/OPC menu in RSLinx select "topic configuration" and create a new topic. Browse to the CPU (you can't just select the PLC unlike RSView Enterprise) in the right hand window then click "apply" to associate them with each other. Note the name of the topic for the next step.

4. You need to create a node in RSView32 to talk to this topic you just created. Create a new node - the type should be "OPC Server". The type is "local" for machines with only a local client. I have not specified an access path, left blank. THen enter a node name which is the same as the topic name which is the same as the topic you set up in RSLinx Gateway. Finally, the node must be ticked as enabled.

5. Now, any tag you set up should look vaguely like this:

name: TestTag
type: digital
Data source: device
Node: ### (name of the node you created)
Address: [###]Program:MainProgram.TestTag

6. If you have problems accessing OPC data, RSLinx Gateway has an test OPC client that lets you read and write to a controller in a simple fashion.

Hope that helps!

I am using RSLinx Professional. Should the Node type be : Remote OPC Server or OPC Server? I am assuming "local", my system has no connection via web/ external network. I am not using RSLinx Gateway. My driver (AB_ETH-1) and controller have the same IP. Does my Ethernet driver (AB_ETH-1) has to be the same name as Node and Topic. DDE/OPC: Local and Remote Addressing is local. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: