Protool runtime

Amr Hassan

Hi

to my knowledge, protool can be used as scada software instead of wincc for small applications , but when when open the protool an new project is started by selecting the used op and none of these is the the use on pc
how to run the project on normal pc?

You need Protool Pro to configure PC applications. The regular Protool only covers the panels.
Protool Pro generates a runtime file that must be run with a Protool RT license.
You must purchase a RT license with sufficient tags (128-512-2048 tags are available).

edit: You will also need some communication hardware.
For MPI or Profibus I recommend the CP5611.
For Ethernet a regular ethernet port on the PC is enough.

WinCC Flexible

ProTool is being replaced with WinCC Flexible. Flexible can do anything that Protool can do plus. Development is a little slow but runtime is great.