Node name on panelbuilder

Deer

Hi all,

I have a case with a project using Panelbuilder software, may be you can help me.
I have upload a program from panelview550, and after that I opened the COMMUNICATION SETUP using the panelbuilder S/W.The problem is , why every time the NODE NAME is become to default name( SLC-1).But the right node name is PROCESS, and on tag database all the node name become SLC-1, so we must change the node name one by one on the tag addresses.Sometime if we forgot about it, the panelview can't communicate to SLC500.

Regards,

Deer

I think that projects that were created with the 16-bit version of PanelBuilder don't correctly upload tag information into PanelBuilder32, but it should be all the tag info missing, not just the Node Name.

You don't need to type the Node name into every tag.... you can change them all at once in the Tag Editor by highlighting the Node Name column, then right clicking and selecting Replace.

Kent,

Thanks for your techtip, because before I always used one by one to change the node name on the tag database.
BTW, Did you know how to import database from RSLogix 5/500 to panelbuilder file with correct?
I have try to import database (like symbols,address description, etc) using TOOLS, Database, and ASCII Export on RSLogix.
After this database already export, we import this database using IMPORT TAGS on panelbuilder S/W.Import format I already set as PANELBUILDER 32 CSV format, but this is only importing SYMBOLS and not Address description.Because sometime, on ladder logic not only use symbols but they give information use address description.
I have try use PanelbuilderCSV convertor also, but this only import tags that have address description only and not symbols.
My question, is there a way when import tag from RSLogix, we can import all information (symbols and address description).
Well, thanks for your advice!

Regards,

Deer

Did you know how to import database from RSLogix 5/500 to panelbuilder file with correct?
The best way I have found to import tags into Panelbuilder is to use the Panelbuilder32 Selected Tags Format . In the help it states that this is the only format that uses all the fields.

If I have a SLC/500 CSV file, I read it into a spreadsheet (EXCEL) and then use it to create a PB Selected Tags Format spreadsheet which I export to a CSV file.
When you import, this file, the extension can be .csv but pick PB32 Selected Tag format in the dialog box.

The best way to get the formatting right for the PB32 format is to export a couple tags and look at it in your spreadsheet.

HTH