Retentive Timer in S7

ODTS timer? what do you mean by retentive? After cpu power down start timer were it left off? Or do you want keep timing until a total time has passed. (So don't reset timer when enable goes from 1/0 and then from 0/1 again.)

Sorry, let me make correction, I want to use IEC retentive timer. Is it exist or I have to do it by myself?

Werner said:
ODTS timer? what do you mean by retentive? After cpu power down start timer were it left off? Or do you want keep timing until a total time has passed. (So don't reset timer when enable goes from 1/0 and then from 0/1 again.)
I should have thought to ask that question as well!

For the Power down case I believe you can make all 256 Timers in the 314C-2DP retentive. The default is non-retentive. You can define whether or not you want them retentive in the Properties Box for the CPU (right click on the CPU in Simatic Manger). Note that you can only define a number of Timers starting from T0, so if you want a mixture you have to put the retentive timers at the lower numbers.

If you're looking for the AB style retentive Timer which you can stop and restart, JRW has posted one in the downloads section.

Edit: Oh, I see JRW beat me to it!

Last edited:
JRW said:
I have one in the "Downloads" of this forum.

Jay

Thanks Jay. But I got this:

Download_Error.JPG

Can you please upload again or just email me: [email protected]

Thanks again.

It works- I get that message too, just click on the icon with the arrow that points down. Then it downloads.
Its located right below the Timer.zip text.

Jay

But after you downloaded, you cannot open it because it's already demaged.

By the way, who knows how to fill the part of array of "0" ? Such as I have an array A_Real_1[0..200] declared already, and in the program I want to fill elements 100 to 139 with "0", how to do that?

Thanks.

But after you downloaded, you cannot open it because it's already demaged.
Are you trying to open it with WinZip or something similar? You don't need to, you open it from Simatic Manager with File -> Retrieve.

By the way, who knows how to fill the part of array of "0" ? Such as I have an array A_Real_1[0..200] declared already, and in the program I want to fill elements 100 to 139 with "0", how to do that?
You can do this easily using the SFC21 FILL Block. You'll find it in the Standard Library under "System Function Blocks".

Last edited: