Modicon MRTM

The Concept MRTM (Multiple Register Table Move) is used for indirect register moves. It lets you move a contiguous block of registers into a specific location in a table. In 984LL it was called R->T.

The MRTM I remember was used for the old Modicon motion controllers.

The MRTM was used on the old 984 series for motion control.
The MRTM was a custom loadable that was used to handshake the motion control parameters through the limit number of registers the motion controller had.

You found it! That is what I remember.

jstolaruk said:
there is a description that may be usefull in this document. Its better than the online help version in Proworx32 v2.0.

Hopefully, comar_2003 doesn't really have to make this work. I never used it. My company designed two motion controllers for the 984 series and one for the Quantum series PLCs. We looked at the MRTMC and decided that was not easy enough to use and the MRTM did not provide enough performance.

The best success comes when using motion controllers that communicates using Modbus+. Modbus+ allows the transfer of 100 words at a time rather than the 6 registers allowed by a MRTM. Modbus+ greatly simplified programming and increase performance.