Block transfer on 1747-SN

Deer

Hi all,

Does anyone know, How to configure a block transfer (read/write)that use 1747-SN ? (example: there is a analog module 1746-NIO4I that locate on slot 2 on the SLC remote chassis).
When we are use M0 and M1 in the ladder logic?
Many thanks

Deer

THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN DOING BLOCK TRANSFER WITH THE 1747-SN

1- The 1747-SN must be a series "B" in order to do Block Transfer.
2- What is the location of the 1747-SN in the local chassis?
3- What type of device will I be doing block transfer to?
4- Does this device require a Block transfer Read or/and Write?
5- What is the number of Data words required to Read or/and to Write for this device?
6- What is the address location of this device in the remote I/O (Logical rack,
Group, and Slot)?

COMMUNICATION WITH 1747-SN.
Proper communication MUST be established prior to the transfer of data between the
1747-SN and the remote I/O device(s).
Check list:
A- Correct setting of dip switches.
B- Correct setting of the G file.
C- Slot location for the 1747-SN is enabled, see S:11 and S:12 under Processor Status,
1= enable.
D- Proper wiring/installation:
In the Series 1747-SN "B" the Shield Wire MUST be connected to Chassis Mounting
Bracket and NEVER to the front of the SN module.

Other wiring/installation recommendations;

1- Belden 9463 must be used.

2- Maximum cable distance must not be exceeded.

3- daisy chain (serial) configuration must be used to connect to other devices.

4- Proper size of Terminating Resistors must be used in the last physical device
end, 2 per system.

5. Check your installation for proper grounding:
5.1 Power supply and chassis grounding wires should be a minimum of 10 AWG
to ground bus.
5.2 From ground bus to earth ground the wire should be a minimum of 8 AWG.
5.3 Length of wires should be as short as possible.

6. Check for proper bounding of the chassis.
6.1 Make good electrical connection between chassis and enclosure through
each mounting bolt and stud. Remove paint from tapped holes or
wherever contact is made.
6.2 Internal Star Washers must be used.

7. Check for proper surge suppression on all outputs with inductive loads.
7.1 Anytime that an output module is being used to control an inductive
device such as relays, solenoids, motor starters, motors, etc.,
surge suppressors must be used (see installation
manual Publication 1747 - 6.2 for selection of surge suppressors).

8. Check for Poor power source( incoming AC voltage).
8.1 Isolation / constant voltage transformer is recommended.
8.2 A clean AC sine wave with the correct frequency and voltage level must
be provided to the System power supply.

IMPORTANT!!!!

In all the steps above follow all the recommendations and guidelines found in these publications:
A .Publication 1747-6.6 1747-SN User Manual.
A.1 Installation and Wiring.

B. Publication 1747-6.2 SLC 500 Installation & Operation Manual for Modular
Hardware Style.

E- The 1747-SN should show a solid green COMM indication when the SLC 500 processor
is in the RUN mode as well as the proper COMM indication by the remote
device(s).

THE USE OF DISCRETE TRANSFER FOR ANALOG I/O

For devices that required 4 words or less of data to read or/and 4 words or less of data to write, the use of discrete transfer may be applicable. This is an easy and a faster way since no ladder logic program is needed to transfer information.

Some rules must be followed carefully:
for example, a 1746-NI4, requires 4 input words or a 1746-NO4V (4 output words) can be used in discrete mode by setting the remote adapter to 1/2 slot addressing and having the adjacent slot with an opposite function module or empty.
Another example, with 2 inputs and 2 outputs Analog Combo modules (1746-NIO4V or the 1746NIO4I), these modules can be used in 1 slot addressing with adjacent slot empty or
no restriction when they are used in 1/2 slot addressing.

THE USE OF THE BLOCK TRANSFER EXAMPLE PROGRAMS

The example programs found in the 1747-SN User Manual Publication 1747-6.6 July 1996
or latter as well as in the Fax Back System (216-646-5436) MUST be adjusted for the
user's application.

Here are some things that you MUST know when using these example programs;

1- If the device requires a block transfer read and a write a Bi-directional example
must be used.

2- If the device requires a block transfer read or a write a Directional example must
be used.

3- All the examples assumed that the 1747-SN is in slot 1 (#Mx:1.xxx), changes MUST
be made to the program for all M files if the SN is in different location than 1.

4- Data file areas must be selected so that no overlapping will take place with the
areas used in other parts of the program, in some of the example programs the BTR
data length is set for 10 and the BTW for 11 if a greater length is used over
lapping will take place.

%- Set the M0 and M1 file length to 3300.

5- Setting the control words. This relates to the first rung of logic of the
example program, 3 words for the read or/and 3 words for the write.

5.A- The first word is to indicate the type of block transfer operation BTR or BTW,
this is done by setting bit 7 to 1 (128 in decimal) for a BTR or bit 7 to 0 for
BTW.
ATTENTION!! NO OTHER BITS SHOULD BE SET BY THE USER IN THIS FIRST WORD OTHERWISE THE BLOCK TRANSFER WILL LOCK, ALL THE HANDSHAKING OF THE OTHER BITS ARE TAKING CARE of BY LADDER LOGIC PROGRAM.

5.B- The second word is to set BT Length that the device requires ( 0 to 64 in decimal), this Length has to match the BT data file length.
5.C- The third word is to set the BT address location of the device (Logical Rack, Group, and Slot), the logical rack could be from 0 to 3, group could be from 0 to 7 and the slot is always 0 for 1/2 and 1 slot addressing, for 2 slot addressing the slot will be 0 if the module is in the left of that group and 1 if it is in the right. This is a DECIMAL number made of 3 digits (R,G,S).

NOTES: 1- Some devices may require a Block transfer Write before a Read (Servo Controller Modules,Drives, etc.) the Examples found in The 1747-SN User Manual and Fax Back, the BT Read takes place before the Write.
2- Some devices may require a different scheme for the Block Transfer logic (PanelView,document # 10282 from the fax back, etc.), for this reason always consult the user manual for the end device in use or its technical support for the correct example program or help on the device.
3- Block Transfer to Discrete modules is NOT allowed.
4- Example program must be entered in the sequence as it shown and with
all the number of rungs included in it, otherwise it will NOT work.
http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...18655FAAA011E0AA85256AFB0062DB71?OpenDocument

Also try the AB website goto support then Knowledgebase and use keywords (like 1747-SN) to search for documents pertaining to this.

Could you restate the question otomasyon please, what specifically are you wanting to know. I know English is not your native language and wish I had time to attempt to learn many other languages.

Please let us know if that was a question about OCX and what you want to know, as is I will post some info about OCX.

OCX:
Short for OLE Custom control, an independent program module that can be accessed by other programs in a Windows environment. OCX controls end with a .ocx extension. OCX controls represent Microsoft's second generation of control architecture, the first being VBX controls written in Visual Basic.
Both VBX and OCX controls have now been superseded by ActiveX controls. However, ActiveX is backward compatible with OCX controls, which means that ActiveX containers, such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer, can execute OCX components.

OLE:
Abbreviation of Object Linking and Embedding, pronounced as separate letters or as oh-leh. OLE is a compound document standard developed by Microsoft Corporation. It enables you to create objects with one application and then link or embed them in a second application. Embedded objects retain their original format and links to the application that created them.

If there is a specific thing you need to know please state it.

1747-SN

Deer

Review publication 1747-6.6, pages 147 through 153.

Gives you written procedure and ladder examples.

I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck
Roger

dear rsdoran

what's your e-mail address. if you will visit our web site, you see
visual basic program example. i'm writin mitsubishi fx monitor ocx control. we are mitsubishi local area automation group. i can send
ocx program fx.
best regards.