SLC 100 interface?

bluesman70

Hi..

Iam kind of new in this PLC stuff so dont laugh at my stupid questions....I just recieved my SLC 100 PLC unit and I would like to know how I can interface with it.If I want to interface with my computer at home, do I need some kind of interface converter box to hook up to my computer?.Does the EEprom need to be in there for the PLC to work?.What about the software?.Can I make the cable myself? Tell me what I have do please..thanks so much.

Soren

You might find everything you need (except the programming software) by searhing this site, use the "SEARCH" button above.

If that fails, try searching google for SLC100 cable, or Allen Bradley programmng cable SLC100.

I don't remember what the old software was, the first two PLC's I programmed in 1988 were PLC2's, then two SLC100's. I do remember that it could only be loaded off the disk 5 times before it self destructed.

As far as the EEPROM, I really don't remember if it was for program storage, or for long term and transitory storage. No doubt someone else will have that info for you.

Your "slick" probably has a little mileage on it. But it is still good to learn basics, and it can functionlike many on the market today.

Sounds like you might want to read through the "Learn PLCs" button above, and perhaps get Phil's book in the "store".

regards.....casey