Protool flashing attribute

Werner

Hi!

In protool I have two fields with attributes.

0 = Not flashing, black, grey (black=forecolor, grey=backcolor)
1 = Flashing, yellow, blue

When both fields must be flashing it can happen that they don't flash synchronised. Is this a know problem? is there a fix?

It just depend on 'when' you started signal for flashing, you will be surely able to synchronize your tags in CPU, i'm not sure if there is any settings in protool itself.

marius said:
It just depend on 'when' you started signal for flashing, you will be surely able to synchronize your tags in CPU, i'm not sure if there is any settings in protool itself.

This is not true. If I use a VAT to change the two fields at once I still am able to get them flashing unsynchronised. You can see that the second field started flashing just before field one. So it also has something to do with the screen/tag refresh rate.

Sometimes the field flash synchronised sometimes they flash inverted. (So field one is blue and field two is at the same time yellow).

With the VAT changing the two values at once sometimes results in synchronised flashing and sometimes in unsychronised flashing. So the answer to the problem is not in the PLC>

A colleague has the some problems in an other program. My protool program consists of 811 tags. My colleague has 166 tags. Acquisistion cycle for the tags is 1.0

I made simple screen with 6 flashing elements and boolean tags into datablock. Then i start them at once, they seems to be flashing at once, well... but it seems to be redrawed from bottom to top - you can see it by sharp eye, i think this maybe done by display design - it draw anything quite slowly, but i found it suitable for my needs.

How many flashing tags you have on one screen?

On my page I have 10 (and 370+ other objects) flashing symbolic output fields. (Fild with a textlist) My colleague has only 4 symbolic outputs fields and 8 buttons on one page.

I didn't get any better result, it seems nothing helps, more objects - more refresh idle time i guess ...

Back again.

Real mono C7, well... i noticed something 'new' now ... i think (and it is expectable) that OP is using some kind of object tree for all components (imho some simple 'object message buffer') placed on screen and refreshing is done from newest to the oldest one ... so then i placed just 30 flashing texts to screen, with even same single boolean tag! they flashing from newest created to the oldest one. Like it cycling

Item_N->update state() Item_N->Draw()
Item_B->update state() Item_B->Draw()
Item_A->update state() Item_A->Draw()

-> and back again from start

Maybe you can sort them this way and it will flash with less idles.

It looks like the grouping is helping! Right now we can't reproduce the problem we had without the grouping.:D

Thanks for the brainwave!

marius said:
... i think (and it is expectable) that OP is using some kind of object tree for all components (imho some simple 'object message buffer')

Is it possible to view this object tree?

I don't think ... i've been just meditating about internall function of OP, export of screen to excel *.CSV is not showing anything interesting - there are no even names of objects respected. This make me think it depend only on the creation order of components. But i can be wrong.