communication between 200`s

Egamez

i did a project with an cpu 221 and td 200, i do five meter counters, with this, but now my client ask me for the way to take the info of the counters that display the td200, and communicate all to a computer in a data base?
can anybody help me?
i search info in the manuals and if i do a ppi net maybe can possible but i really need more info? help me?

Communicate an S7-200 to PPI

Dear Egamez:

You only need programation cable and the software PC-ACCESS, that allows you to connet to the S7-200 via OPC, from Excel, VB and other applications.

Best Regards,
Kelkoon

You could also set the programming port to freeport mode and write your own protocol. That way you only need the PPI cable (to convert from PPI to RS232) and some time to program the darn thing. PC-ACCESS would take less time, but more money I figure.
Siemens has an example where they implement ModBus in an S7-214. If you use that protocol, you'll probably have to slim down to only those types of variables you need. I did it once for an S7-212 and it worked like charm after I slimmed down the example to fit the smaller memory. It could also be used as an example if you want to stick to some own protocol.

Kind regards,

Thank you, but how can i do the network, because all the cpu221 and his own td200, must be interconnected, i mean, in each port of the cpu221, it going to have three connections, the td200, the cpu221 before it, and the cpu221 after it, maybe i cant explain it very well, i hope you understand me, thanks

but how can i do the network
Very easy. The programming port of the S7-200 series is a RS485 port. As you undoubtedly know, RS485 is an electrical standard for a multi-user, even a multi-master bus.

Kind regards,