Mitsubishi Plc Address Descriptions

mmervenne

Hello all, I have a machine that i am supposed to do a retrofit on which has a Mitsubishi PLC. I went to the customer to pull the existing program out, but all i got was the ladder, no address descriptions. I was wondering if these were stored somewhere else or if I needed to select something to upload the descriptions too. If they are stored somewhere else, could someone point me in the right direction of finding them. What is the file extension they would be saved under. Thanks in Advance

It's highly unlikely that you will find them stored in the cpu memory. I'm told you can segragate the memory to house the comments but it's not likely to have been done.

Ask the client if they have a hard copy of the program or if they have any documentation on the equipment where you may find the desired details.

Why would the original programmer make it easy for others to use his(/her) creation?

I hope the client has the electrical drawings. If so, you may have to devise your own for the inputs/outputs then figure out the rest. Very "character building" - good luck. I hope it's not a biggy.

Last edited:
AS I know, most PLC manufactures don not use the memory for discriptor storage, intead, the discriptor part of the program is saved in the HD.
so, try to find the original docs, not only upload the program.