Connect to SLC 500/501 processor

TomEnglish

Hello everyone - I have a PCMK set up on my laptop and connect to many PLC's via the serial port 9 pin d-plug. I recently aquired a SLC 500 with a 501 processor. It only has a dh485 socket to connect to. Can I connect with my PCMK set up some how. Is there a cable available for the PCMK card with a dh485 plug? Can I make an adaptor. How is it wired?

Yes, but it is a Rocwell cable and cannot easily be made. Not cheap, some are on EBay at times. Regards Alan Case

Greetings TomEnglish,

take a look at page 7-1 in this manual ... based on what you've posted, I think that the cable you want is a 1784-PCM4 ... BUT! ... make sure that you get a type "A" or a type "B" cable to correctly match the card that you have ...

basic idea: the older "A" style cable has a wider plug which will not physically fit into the newer "B" style PCMK card ...

and welcome to the forum ...