OMRON SYSMAC CS-Series CS1G/H-CPU

redwingsPLC

I'm extremely new to PLC's and am having a very frustrating time trying to figure out why my computer isn't communicating with the PLC.

I keep getting two errors....

Invalid SID in PLC Reply

and a

Socket Send Error

The Run light on my PLC is steady and the ERR/ALRM light is flashing. I can't find a manual that explains what that error means or any means to fix the error.

Anyone familiar with this series PLC and can point a guy in the right direction.

Thanks.

Manuals for the CS1 can be downloaded from the Omron website, use www.knowledge.omron.com, search for the W340 (programming) and W339 (operation) manuals. W343 is the Ethernet module manual. What is the model number of the cpu, what modules are you using, what version of CX-Programmer?

You may want to try to connect via serial, this would allow you to check the error log to see why the Err/Alarm light is flashing. Can provide a cable pinout if that would be of use.

Omron tech support is available by phone at 1-800-556-6766, or check with your distributor.

Good luck.