briana banks

Hi All

I need to invoke a vba function that i wrote, whenever a tag
is set.
How to do that without using infinite loop that samples
a variable condition

Thanks.

I'm assuming this is for RSView SE...

Display the tag as an object on the screen, in an always present window (it may be hidden off screen).

Give that thing, lets say a numeric display, a name (Properties)... Say, "MyTagWatcher". In the properties box (the full one, not the basic one from double-clicking) under VBA Control, say 'Expose To VBA'. Now right click, and edit the VBA code for that object. It will default to being an 'On Change' event.

Note, that this will catch all changes, 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 for a digital tag, but a simple 'If Then Else' can ignore one state or the other.