Thermcouple module on SLC 504

Cryogen

Hi guys, How do I configure T/C modules on SLC 500 (I mean to get the right temperature display). I have three NT8 modules with me.

I have this manual with me (attached) but I do not understand the part where they explain the ladder programming.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

If your version of RSLogix500 is not more than a couple of years old, you should be able to configure using a wizard instead of in the ladder logic. In the I/O Configuration, highlight the NT8 module and click on the Adv Config button. On the pop-up, click the Configure button and see if a wizard pops up with tabs for each module channel.

Thanks mgvol

I have Ver 5.50 of RSlogix500 .. It doesn't have the 'configure' option for Thermocouples. WHat is the current version anyway?

Please refer my attachment..

I don't understand how the module can be configured as an Output.. Why is the TC module in Slot3 referred to as #O:3.0

The manual is:
Publication 1746-UM007C-EN-P - July 2004

True, it is an input module, but the module configuration data is written to the corresponding output file in the data table. Think of it like this: you are INPUTTING data from the card and OUPUTTING configuration info. to the card.

Alright, so it is done this way to output the configuration file to the TC module. Now, how will we display temperatures.. Will that be I:3.0 ?

Also, the manual talks about verifying the configuration file by comparing I:3.6 to O:3.2.. I don't get that..

Thanks for your reply

1) Yes, the actuall channel data will be on I:X.0, I:X.1, etc.
2) I believe they are referring to checking the configuration if you are writing logic to change the module config on the fly; if you wnat to monitor the CJC sensor temperature on one of the module channels periodically to monitor the temperature inside your enclosure, for example. I have never done this, I ususally just copy the config data from a static integer file on the first pass of the program and never do it again.

At a guess (without reading the manual. RTFM) i would say that I:3.0 is a readback of a valid configuration output ie O:3.2
ie if you dont configure the card to valid values the card will not return a valid readback of the config data. Just a bit of self checking built in. Regards Alan Case