Interface card

Please suggest an interface card for 9030 PLC from Fanuc with S7-400 PLC of Siemens. System bus of 9030 PLC is Ethernet & of S7-400 PLC is Profibus.I/O bus of 9030 PLC is Genius & S7-400 PLC is Profibus.HMI of 9030 PLC is Cimplicity.

Sunith Bakundy

Are you sure about the the numbers Steve ?
According to the following datasheet it is IC693PBM200 for the master and IC693PBM201 for the slave versions.
I could be wrong, the "M" could mean "master" or it could mean "module".
http://www.gefanuc.com/Downloads/en/9030_cutsheet_gfa148.pdf

Anyway, I suggest that the S7-400 be the master as Profibus is very much integrated in the S7 concept. Therefore it is the easiest to let the GE be a slave on the Profibus network.

Jesper,

The reason that you got your response up before mine was that I downloaded the latest catalog from GE Fanuc before I posted the part numbers.

If Sunith Bakundy does not have an available slot for an additional module in the 90-30, there are two CPU models available with Profibus built-in. They are IC693CPU366 (Master) and IC693CPU367 (Slave).

If you want to add the 90-30 as a node on the existing Profibus network, then the 90-30 will certainly be a slave. If you decide to create another Profibus network for data sharing, then its your call as to which PLC is master and which is slave.

The reason that you got your response up before mine was that I downloaded the latest catalog from GE Fanuc before I posted the part numbers.
Does that mean that the numbers in the catalog are different from the numbers in the datasheet ?

This is totally OFF TOPIC

Steve, where in MA is there a boondocks? I worked for Billy Burr's Funorama out of Mansfield around 12 years ago, I do not remember much in the way of boondocks up that way. All the spots we worked were east of 91, most not far from Boston...geez even when we were in NH we were not far from Boston.

From the Boston point of view, Route 128 (I95) defines the edge of civilization. Route 495 defines the frontier. West of the Connecticut River there is a blank spot on the map with the notation "Here be dragons".

I live where we have to be on the lookout for dragons. If I'm feeling a bit lazy and only want to do a 4K run in the morning instead of my customary 5K, I run to the Vermont state line and back. It's a 20 mile bike ride to the NY state line.

IC693PBM200 Profibus DP Master Module
IC693PBS201 Profibus DP Slave Module
Straight from the "official" GE Fanuc database.
As usual, Steve is Correct.

Steve,
In the present case two numbers of CPU of 360 series are connected in dual redundant configuration with Max-on software to achieve the redundancy with one power supply module & one communication module for each CPU. Similarly, S7-400 PLC are also connected in redundant configuration. Here, 9030 Series PLC will act as master. Please clarify if i have to consider two numbers of IC693PBM200 (Master) module for connecting two numbers of CP 443-5 (Siemens module to beconfigured as intelligent slave)? To work this configuration, it needs activating the CPU change over of one PLC in case of CPU change over in other PLC. I am not sure, how to do that.