Momentum Addressing

Tom Jenkins

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just starting my first project on Modicon Momentum PLCs, using the IEC ladder logic processor and Concept software. The I/O base is a combo unit with eight each 24 VDC discrete in & out and 6 analog in/4 analog out on a single unit. The configuration in the Concept software assigns a default address of twelve word for the inputs and the outputs, one word of which contains the 8 discrete bits for the input and output address. Our local distributor told us to use "Word to Binary" and "Binary to Word" function blocks to map the I/O status to and from individual internal coils for each discrete I/O. This works OK, but seems inelegant.

1) Is there a better way to get the I/O word into discrete bits?

2) Is there a way to access the individual bits of the I/O word as the address in a contact or other logic?

Thanks.

Use the SENS (sense bit) and MBIT (Make bit) instructions. Tried to include a snap shot of the code, but I don't know how you guys put pictures in here.

I don't have any experience with the concept software. Our customers still use Proworx Nxt. But, these instructions may still be available to you.

example of using the sens instruction to examine a bit of a word, and set a coil. Coil will echo the state of the word/bit.

Did the picture come through?

sens.jpg