New Laptop

I have a Dell D800 with Win XP SP2 and have no problems running RSLogix 500 or 5000 or most any other software, except for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, which is a little sluggish. :rolleyes:

I use win2k in the last 3 year without any problems.
Last time I tried XP I still had some problems.
Make sure the version you have is for XP.(new version)

I'm currently using a Dell D610 Win XP, SP2 the only problems I've had are with Panelbuilder32. But I haven't installed the latest version of it yet.

Last edited:
There is a conflict with one of the Microsoft quick fixes. It's not un-useable, but it is bothersome. The project tree, and the screens can't be viewed correctly. I've been using my older Laptop for the panelbuiler32 projects. I'm sure if I took the time to download and install the latest version my problem may have been fixed.

Ken

I have used XP professional for the last year with no issues other than having to disable my firewall, but there is a topic in the knowledge base that steps you through the process. Panelbuilder 1400e, Panelbuilder32, RSLogix,5, 500 and 5000 all run well.

The thing that gets to me the most is that the IT department specified the IBM R50 computer that I use and did not include a floppy drive or a serial port. I use an IBM USB floppy drive and a Cool Gear USBG-232-MM USB Serial Port with no issues.

Regards