Web enabled SCADA

TEOWK

I am trying to find ways to connect a simple SCADA on the PC,which is communicating with a MITSUBISHI PLC, to the INTERNET. Has anyone been doing a web enable SCADA system. How do we create the web page to asscoiate with our SCADA display? Please suggest.

Thanks.

what are you calling scada

i'm not sure what software your dealing with. however if your just putting up simple data then create a simple html site and then install what is called 'Apache'

you will have to tie in a dns server if you don't want to have to type in the ip addy (ex: 192.168.0.1) but instead do www.whateveryouwanthere.com

If you don't want to use Apache you can use windows IIS. also what type of computer? pc or linux? linux has everything built in (most distro's anyway)

if your wanting to put up the actual HMI interface your going to have to either a.) go with a prebuilt package ie active display for allen bradley b.) use a remote desktop utitily or c.) learn about 10 500 page manuals and probaly still not get a stable interface or d.) hire my company :)

suprisingly i would recommend a.) or b.)

good luck

TEOWK said:
I am trying to find ways to connect a simple SCADA on the PC,which is communicating with a MITSUBISHI PLC, to the INTERNET. Has anyone been doing a web enable SCADA system. How do we create the web page to asscoiate with our SCADA display? Please suggest.

Thanks.

Hi Teowk
try checking out adroit scada the software is web enabled as standard and it is able to comunicate with any plc or dcs package hope this helps you
regards Shaun

try checking out adroit scada
Had a look and gave it a big PASSSSS!!!!!

Only has serial comms for a lot of PLCs - too slow.

Give me Citect anyday. It also has a web based viewer built in.