24 hour clock

ryanrope

Create a 24hr clock , which will show on LED display, the LED will display hours and minutes

Conditions: only one TON can be used. All other calculations must be mathematics or compare-statements

ndzied1 said:
Sounds more like a first simester lab assignment.

At least he knows how to copy and paste. This can be real helpful when developing ladder logic. :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just feeling really cynical today.

ryanrope said:
no im jsut doing it in the rslogix 5 program

Holy (expletive deleted)!

Is this a real course? Do you have an instructor? Do you have a text? Do you have beer receipts for the first 2/3 of the semester which you obviously did not spend in class?

Ryan, a bit of friendly advice:
Your cut and paste approach for getting answers for your homework assignment is not going to get you very far here.

Show some initiative. The last thing any of us want is someone working in the real world who schlepped his way through class. That kind of guy is a danger to his coworkers and customers. There are plenty of people here who are more than willing to mentor you. But no one is going to do your homework for you.

This is really not a difficult assignment. Surely you can figure out how many seconds are in a minute and how many seconds are in an hour and how many seconds are in a day. If you can't do that then I suggest you drop out of college and apply as apprentice wheelbarrow pusher for a landscape company, because if you can't figure that out, even a career at Macdonalds will be too difficult for you. Since you are apparently at least smart enough to be in a PLC course, its logical to conclude that you are not stupid, but rather you are just being lazy.

Sorry if I come of as a bit harsh, but apparently you need a good head thumping.

Now, show some effort, and I think you will find that everyone here will jump in to help you, and the reception you are receiving will change dramatically.

So how do you think this problem could be solved? Come back with that and you will find lots of help creating an actual PLC program.

edit to add:
I realize you are just 18 (according to your other posts). Sometimes a part of mentoring is dishing out a well deserved head thumping. Don't get all offended over it, but please take our advice and show some initiative. Controls engineering is an exciting and rewarding career, but it absouletly must be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Ryan,

you have one advantage: you have a busy teacher. You have posted (copied and pasted) 5 homeworks assignments in 6 threads in three days time. It's a pity you have so much disadvantages. Because these have pointed out to you in previous posts, I don't think it's necessary to delve deeper into that topic.