S7 - Missing data in ProTool Archives

RMA

I've had a motor-driven switch mysteriously open on me a couple of times today and to try and get a handle of what was happening I went to the archive covering that area of the system to see what was going on.

These switches are driven by one second impulses and in more than 1600 archive entries, not once was the impulse caught - only the state of the feedback contacts was recorded. Trying out the switches from the Test screen (which causes the main program to be switched over) all the impulses were recorded. It looks as though the log is not being completed due to overloading of the system. By co-incidence, the log is alphabetically the last one of about thirty logs, which between them are logging about 1200 variables for change of state.

The ProTool PC is alone on the MPI input and the bus is running in DP mode at 12 MB. I've already upped the communications load to 50% (and it won't let me go any higher) and I've tried varying the ProTool base rate between 1 and 5 x 100 ms with no effect. The maximum cycle time is only 17 ms, so 50% isn't that much tiime to shift those variables, although I havent sat down and worked out exactly how many could be transferred in that time, yet.

Anybody ever met this problem before?

Is it likely that setting a minimum cycle time of (say) 50 ms would help by increasing the available 50%?

Just tried moving the logging of the outputs concerned into the first (alphabetically) archive - didn't help. While doing that I noticed that these outputs are in the last two double words of the output area Q90 - Q94, which does seem to suggest that lack of time is at the heart of the problem.