Vantagepoint data missing

CapnRon13

Hi everyone,
We are running FactoryTalk Vantagepoint EMI 6.1. The system was working perfectly for years, and used daily for reporting on product and material weights. As of last Friday we appeared to have lost all historian data, and are not able to see live data. All of our reports and tags are present in our portal. Any idea what would cause this? I can still see our PLCs in the connections tab.

So, Vantagepoint doesn't store the data, that should be coming from your Historical connectors.
If you use the SMT for the FT Historian, are your interfaces still collecting data? Is your Historian in good health? Did Vantagepoint decide to de-license itself to be annoying?

Verify the FactoryTalk Historian SE system functionality first; FactoryTalk Vantage Point is not a live data collection system but the 'front end' of a FTHistorian SE system.

Usually a 'Restart" of the Historian SE FTLD (FactoryTalk Live Data) interface will restore the functionality of the data collection mechanism.

I am able to see current values on in SMT which is on my Historian server. My interface list status is "Not CHecked" License Activations are good.

Well, sounds like Vantagepoint isn't talking to the Historian for whatever reason.
If you haven't, I'd try a good old fashioned reboot of the VantagePoint server(or just the services if its shared w/ something else)

I would also check the PI logs and the FT Diagnostics to see if something changed w/ your trusts or there's something else going on.