FT VantagePoint on other Clients

ChaseV

Hello, I am trying to use VP Trend on a Client PC. I can bring up the webpage, but I get these 2 different popups when trying to download the Trend or Manager. I have attached screenshots of the two popups I keep getting.

Popup 1: Cannot retrieve application. Authentication error.

Popup 2: Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

I have the same problem with a new VP 8.4 system. When I try to use Edge and https. I finally gave up and just used IE 8 with http.

Edge just doesn't like that download no matter how many places you tell it its a trusted site. I finally gave up because after dozens hours on the phone with both AB and Microsoft, they just kept blaming each other.

Not sure what browser you are using, but Edge has a real problem with the Trend app. If your using IE then make sure you have that VP address added to the trusted sites.

Yeah I tried IE to download the trend still didn't work. Works great on the Historian server just can't get it to work on other client pcs that are on the same network.