FT VantagePoint not synchronising tags

cardosocea

Hello,

I have a FactoryTalk Historian where I've configured some tags to record a couple of signals. This bit works as I check the historical values in the PI manager and it keeps historical data.

However, in VantagePoint, I follow the procedure to synchronise the tags and get the newly added ones available for trending and reports, and after the synchronization completes, the tags aren't added to the tag list.

I'm pulling my hair now as I can't see anything wrong and there's no weird feedback from it or even a manual where to find some troubleshooting steps.

Has anyone had to deal with this before? The historian still has available tags (300 odd used out of 500).

I beat my against the wall for several hours once with the same problem. Finally call tech support and they couldn't figure it out either. Finally restarted the VantagePoint server and it all started working.

So old adage 'all else fails, reboot'.

Right, so I just rebooted both... in the process found that the Historian was running out of space so increased it a little bit and reboot again but nothing.

Now when I open up the Historian, I get apop up saying that "Failed to find the topology node in the configuration.", but the Historian itself works as I manage to add points to it and see data being recorded.

I think I'll get in touch with some guys in Rockwell who are usually helpful and see if they can shed some light on this.

I wasn't particularly happy with Proficy Historian, but... compared to this set up it worked like a dream.