Siemens S7 + TP270 + Profibus

silva.foxx

I have a 315-DP2 and a TP270 hmi linked by profibus. I have uploaded the TP270 data by ProSave via serial link that took thirty minutes to do.
To carry out a back-up of the hmi over the MPI link requires the profibus station number of the TP270.

How do I find this info?
Would this procedure be any quicker?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
silva.foxx :geek:

To read configuration from the controller
or
with the start of panel to enter in the system menu and to learn address in the setting.

The default profibus addresses are:-

0 - PG/PC
1 - HMI
2 - CPU

So the profibus address of your TP270 should be 1, unless you changed that in the configuration.

Paul

Would this procedure be any quicker?
a little only.
Did you crank up the speed on the serial upload to the max ?

A much faster procedure is to back up to a CF card. If you want to you can copy the content of the CF card to a PC and store the image files centrally.