Siemens TP270-10" Screen Download problem with WinCC 2008

o4a0e1

Hi there,
I have a TP270-10" Screen that I cannot download to from WinCC Flex 2008... When in transfer mode, the TP270 has "Loader B 6.0.2.23" and in the WinCC 2008 "Device Settings Page" says that the screen is a TP270-10" 7.2.2.0

When I try and download "via MPI", it compiles and then stops...

Do I need to get the TP270's firmware flashed to 7.2.2.0? or am I just missing something?
If I do need to get it flashed, Is it something that I can do with a USB drive or do I need to send the screen back to Siemens.
Cheers!

Hi there,
I have a TP270-10" Screen that I cannot download to from WinCC Flex 2008... When in transfer mode, the TP270 has "Loader B 6.0.2.23" and in the WinCC 2008 "Device Settings Page" says that the screen is a TP270-10" 7.2.2.0

When I try and download "via MPI", it compiles and then stops...

Do I need to get the TP270's firmware flashed to 7.2.2.0? or am I just missing something?
If I do need to get it flashed, Is it something that I can do with a USB drive or do I need to send the screen back to Siemens.
Cheers!
Not sure about WinCCflex2008 but I managed to upgrade the firmware on a TP270-6" a while back.
You can do it through MPI if you find the latest firmware upgrade.
If not mistaken, I found the latest firmware some place on a Pro-Tool Pro CD.

The compiler will tell you what is wrong. Turn the "output" window on.

Anyway, if you connect via a PC Adapter, wether serial or USB, then it cannot be connected directly on the panel. It must be connected on a PLC via a Profibus connector with a PG Socket. The panel is then connected to this via a Profibus cable plus connector.
Because of this, it is easier to just connect via a serial crossed cable on the serial port.

Whichever method you use, you must enable the port for downloading via the Transfer applet in the Control Panel on the OP270.

In the latest version of WinCC Flex, you will be automatically prompted to update the firmware if it is needed. Flex then does it for you in one step.

Not really. There was the possibility to install a "NE2000 compatible" NIC in the CF slot. Unfortunately this type of card cannot be purchased from anywhere now.
For downloading the application, a serial nullmodem cable will be just fine - if somewhat slow.

Thanx

I'm using a Simatic PG, so have to do it via MPI... I've always found it easier with the serial cable and even with the usb--->serial adapters... First time via MPI with the programmer... And JesperMP, I thought the output window was always on during a compile? And I haven't had a lot of use of Flex... Protool was all us tradies needed... I'll check the output window when I next give it ago... Thx...