RSView studio backup

chad k

Hi, everybody;
when I try to backup my RSView studio porject with application manager, the following pop up:
unable to create the archive 'c:\documents and Settings\All users\Documents\RsView Enterprise\ME\Archives\saw.apa'.
please check that the application is not open eksewhere.

I am quite sure that the application is not open eksewhere. Even I cold start the computer, the problem insisted.

many thanks for you help!

Trust me here, I feel your pain with RSView Studio!!

I too had this same problem when I first attempted to backup my application.

Once I briefly explain this, you'll be like.....oh, ok now I get it.

Launch RSView Studio on your workstation. At startup of the software, you'll be asked to select an application. Click on cancel and the software will remain open with a gray screen with very few items 'not' grayed out on the toolbar. Only here can you backup your application using the application manager.

You cannot backup an application with any application currently open.

If this doesn't do the trick for you, repost and I'll try explaining a different way.

thank you, Sir

but when try the method you supplied, the same popup occur.
I tried to start the Application manager itself with out RSStudio running. The problem still can't be solved .

any input would be appreciated!

OK, I've had the same in the past. This works for me;
Reboot your PC
Open RSView
DO NOT load any programs (press cancel)
Open the Tools/Application manager
Select your edition (I have ME)
Select back-up
Select your application
Enter the archive name
Finish

RSView/Application manager doesn't actually tell you the save is complete if it does it, so to be sure go look for it.
Default folder for Windows is C:\documents and settings\All users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Archives
file has extension .apa

You cannot do it if you have ever opened a file via RSStudio this session. You will HAVE to reboot. Good luck.

Yeah, I have seen the same problem too. Davegr is correct. Reboot.
Sometimes in RSVIEW ME, you will experience problems that don't make any sense..communication issues....tags.... Just remember, if you have exhausted yourself of all that you think is wrong, JUST REBOOT and it will work.

Good Luck,
BTW, the Siemens CC-Winflex software is a great alternative, with a lot more capabilities.

Hmibackup

Isn't "Hmibackup" what you need????

Hmibackup is a batch file (.bat) file that you download from AB and it will backup your RSVIEW while running (like it usually does on a server).

NorthControl said:
Isn't "Hmibackup" what you need????

Hmibackup is a batch file (.bat) file that you download from AB and it will backup your RSVIEW while running (like it usually does on a server).

That's for SE, not ME. SE has defective backup problems all its own :)