RSView Studio, greyed out User Account

duckman

Hello to all the knowledgeable people inside the computer screen, my problem at the moment is like the title says, l can't open projects in RSView Client SE Stand Alone, as l don't have the privileges. l believe because of not having any name/permission in the Studio project. I have usernames in the security of the project, (Local>Security).
This is a new install of old software (on a 32 bit, XP PC), RSView Enterprise Supervisory V4.
l know it's old, but it is what is currently operating this plant, albeit it is currently in care and maintenance. So l have the time to brush up on my limited skills with RSView.
I have tried all things available to me, read all the bits l thought would help, but of course the things you read show it all working correctly, but obviously l haven't tried the right one yet. I did what is below from this thread.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=73421

Adding the RSView User Accounts
With the SE application open in Studio, go to the menu bar and select "Settings - RSView User Accounts". The user accounts window will appear. (For CPR9: select "Settings - Runtime Security..." and then select the "Security Accounts..." button on the Runtime Security dialog box.)
Then on the menu bar select "Setup - Add Users/Groups". The security settings window will appear.
Click the "Add" button and select the users or groups to add and click "OK". If you do not want to be prompted for a username and password add the Windows Linked User that will be running the application. Then click "OK". Check the "Allow" checkboxes for the security codes desired for those users or groups for the SE application.
With the SE application still open, on the Explorer Tree navigate to the top and Select Network or Local, right-click and select Security. Add the user accounts or groups that need access to run the application and check the appropriate Allow check boxes.

I have user/administrators rights, in FT directory as well as full control in FT administrator console.
Have changed all permissions in the FT Admin Console under system>usergroups.
From what l have read in shouldn't be a RSSecurity issue as it isn't used as the default, unless used in Local with more than 10 users.

I will add that l haven't been able to open the Water example that comes with RSview in Client, says no privileges.
I do have some working Studio/Client projects that have user/administrator in the account ID, but if l start a new Studio application, l can't add any account ID's.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Well l will answer my own question, just playing about and saw that l hadn't done what l said l had done and l had glossed over the quote in my thread from the attached thread.
When l had gone (in Studio toolbar) settings> RSView User Accounts, you get the grey account ID.
Needed to go, settings> RSView User Accounts, (toolbar) setup>add user groups.
Ah, it's easy when you now how, I mean follow the instructions or RTFM