How to get program from Siemens OP?

yxannes

Got an old Siemens OP-37. Is it possible to get the program loaded in the HMI out?

If its possible (using WinCC or something), please give me some tips how can I go about doing it.

Hello yxannes;You can use Siemens' Prosave software (downloadable from Siemens' support website, or available o ProTool and WinCC/ flexible installation CDs) to upload the program in a OP37 display, but you cannot modify it (it is compiled). You can only dowload it to a new display of the same (or compatible) type.
If you have ProTool and an original version of the application, you can modify the existing program.
For more information, do a Search on this forum for "Prosave".
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks for the info. What if I do not have the original program, would I still be able to make minor changes using Protool?

If I'm not wrong, OP37 is an i386 running Windows 9x. If it has a harddisk, its gonna crash someday right?

If you back the panel up using Prosave - it is exactly that a backup! Useful to reload on an existing panel or a replacement panel, No editing is possible with protool - For that you need the original source. Im sure somebody will help you with the particulars of a OP37, but i dont think its windows based.

Regards

yxannes said:
If I'm not wrong, OP37 is an i386 running Windows 9x.
Sadly enough, you are. The OP37 is a mere graphical operator panel, not a panel PC. Besides that, Windows based operator panels, such as OP37 PRO, run Windows CE, not 9x.
yxannes said:
If it has a harddisk, its gonna crash someday right?
I have yet to see the first Siemens operator panel, be it Windows based or not, that has a harddisk in it. I have only seen them with memory cards.

Regards,

jvdcande said:
Sadly enough, you are. The OP37 is a mere graphical operator panel, not a panel PC. Besides that, Windows based operator panels, such as OP37 PRO, run Windows CE, not 9x.
I have yet to see the first Siemens operator panel, be it Windows based or not, that has a harddisk in it. I have only seen them with memory cards.

I swear I saw many PC-like interfaces in and around the OP37 :) Then again...

Howdy!
There is a version of the OP37 that has a Windows 95 OS, it's theOP37/Pro and it has a 1.6 GB HD. The first CE HMI was the MP270.
It sure does have a hard drive and as its probably getting on for 6-7 yrs old, I'd look at getting yourselfa backuo.

The RT file for the device has the file extension *.fwd and used to be transfered onto the device via a floppydrive so you may be able to recover it using standard PCtype methods, but as mentioned earlier the FWD file is compiled so you won't be able to change it.

Its easy to see which version you have because the OP37/Pro has 256 colours the RMOS based devices have 8
Here's a linkto the device on the Siemens website
http://support.automation.siemens.com/GB/view/en/1145135

What's the difference between a .PSR file and a .FWD? Currently I only have a .PSR which I know is from Prosave. How do I get a .fwd?

Extract Programme from Broken OP37

What's the difference between a .PSR file and a .FWD? Currently I only have a .PSR which I know is from Prosave. How do I get a .fwd?

Hi there,

I am facing similar problem you did in 2005. I have a broken OP37, and now i am looking into replacing it with MP377, but i will need to extract the programme first? can you tell me how you did it last time?

Thanks a lot in advance.:(y)