Need Programming- Contract Basis

sbman

Hello all,

I'm a manager at a company that builds gages and secondary fixtures/machines. We have a large amount of work (for us anyway) in the next 6-9 months, and would like to find a programmer to write programs so I can do other things I need to be doing. I've been doing all of our programming until now; I'm a novice, but have gotten every job done (maybe 15-20), thanks in no small part to help from this forum previosuly (thanks!). Now I'm simply too busy to do them all; approx. 20 new machines in 6 months.

Mostly RSLogix, and Panelbuilder. (Micrologix and Panelviews) (but a few Omron CQM1's). My thoughts: I make the wiring diagram, list the I/O and hardware, then write the required operations of the machine.

We're in Michigan; but I'm open to working with someone anywhere. I'm looking to learn also from examples of good programming; I've simply learned by trial and error without any regard to good practices (not sure what constitues good practices!)

If anyone is interested, please email me for further discussion.

controls work

I am in Reed City, MI. I am pretty much 100% programmer/debugger.
I use the RS emulator and DDE linking for writing code when a machine is not available initially with very good results. So emailing *.rss programs works well.
Email address: [email protected]

Thanks for the responses; I will be contacting several respondants in the next few days with more info for further discussion.

Scott

I am also interested but the competition is steep especially with some being located in the same state. I can not claim to be a programmer but have done a good bit of programming. I am presently a full time student, at age 52, attempting to obtain my engineering degree. I have RSLogix500 and Panelbuilder32.

I state the above because it is possible we may be able to come to an agreement that is financially beneficial to you and professionally beneficial to me. My email is [email protected]

I am presently a full time student, at age 52, attempting to obtain my engineering degree.

I definitely admire you for this Ron. I'm also 52 and don't think I could do it. Maybe I could do better with the degree but I doubt it.

Hey,

Throw me in the mix.

I do have some omron experience as well. I have to look, but I even think I have the software for it *** well. LOL. I have a wide variety of software for stuff that I have worked on over the years.

David

sbman said:
Hello all,

I'm a manager at a company that builds gages and secondary fixtures/machines. We have a large amount of work (for us anyway) in the next 6-9 months, and would like to find a programmer to write programs so I can do other things I need to be doing. I've been doing all of our programming until now; I'm a novice, but have gotten every job done (maybe 15-20), thanks in no small part to help from this forum previosuly (thanks!). Now I'm simply too busy to do them all; approx. 20 new machines in 6 months.

Mostly RSLogix, and Panelbuilder. (Micrologix and Panelviews) (but a few Omron CQM1's). My thoughts: I make the wiring diagram, list the I/O and hardware, then write the required operations of the machine.

We're in Michigan; but I'm open to working with someone anywhere. I'm looking to learn also from examples of good programming; I've simply learned by trial and error without any regard to good practices (not sure what constitues good practices!)

If anyone is interested, please email me for further discussion.
Scott,

We are small company in India, but have many skilled programmers working for us. If you want you can try this option.

Regards,
CICE

patriot said:
yeah scott,
you can outsource your work to india just like the rest of corporate America. They'll do it for 1/4 the price.

Yea but then his supplier and tech support will be located in the same country.

I PM'd a few of you for your email address; please check your private messages and send your email per the PM. (if you have not already done so)

Thanks all; I've gotten many good responses.

Scott