Siemens S200 Connection Cable

Brian H

I am about to order the software needed for programming S200 PLC's.
Will my MPI card/ connector cable used with S300 and S400 PLC's work with a s200 PLC. Or do i need to buy the specific PPI cable for the S200.

Thanks

I don't think its needed. All you need to do is change the settings on "Set PG/PC interface" to the correct one. The software might ask you to set the PG/PC interface while installing. You could do it later too..

if u have the rs232/mpi u should have another one

but i know that there is a usb version for this cable that works both i can give u its part number if u need it

Good morning,

Just to clarify, when you say MPI card do you mean a CP5511 pcmia adaptor because you can set that up to work with a 200, but if you have an serial MPI adaptor then it will not.