Unblock "Know_how_protected"

haiunilever

Hi all,
I have implemented a project using Siemens PCS7 in which there are some blocks written under SCL.
But the programmer applied the "know_how_protected" then deleted all the SCL sourcecode.

Now I face many difficulties to develop the function because I cannot view the function block under SCL code (only STL) or I cannot view the code because of "know_how_protected".

Does anyone know anyway to convert the STL back to SCL or unlock the "know_how_protected", please send me a solution! I need your help!

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Hai

Hello Hai;
Contact Luca Gallina ar runmode.com. He has developped a tool he calls S7CanOpener to allow a user to remove the Know-How-Protect from source files. However, you should ask him if this will help you in this particular case, I have no idea if his code works for SCL sources.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Not relevent I know - and no one seems to take PLC code piracy as an issue , but unlocking the block may contravene copyright . Unlocking it is no problem , but modifying , reverse engineering it or copying it may not be legal .

Hi haiunilever

This might help.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=16993

Not relevent I know - and no one seems to take PLC code piracy as an issue , but unlocking the block may contravene copyright . Unlocking it is no problem , but modifying , reverse engineering it or copying it may not be legal .

Hmmmm. My opinion is that the plc code made for machinery, payed by the customer is owend by the costumer. Our company policy is to deliver software along with documentation.

I would like to start an opinion poll - "Is it piracy to remove know-how protection ???"

Regards
Brian

Whilst your opinion may be valid - the law may not see it that way . In most cases , copyright remains with the writer unless specifically passed over to the customer .

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but with Step7 5.5
and FW 3.x that Canopener stuff won't work.
128 bit encryption is here

Thanx! I am working on the project & original program has been lost,so I have uploaded the programme from plc(s7-300) but sfc0 & sfc1 blocks are locked by know_how_protection,& I have to give some time events thats why I need to open these blocks again...........can anybody help me ASAP,

See post #9 - SFCs are built into the CPU so all you get in the project is a stub giving the interface which shows you the parameters required by the SFC.