IO status from protected Siemens PLC

blaze_george

I have a password protected Siemens ET200SP PLC, with 'Permit access with PUT/GET communication from remote partner' option disabled.

Is there any way to take the analog input module readings to a third party device like Ew*n Flexy? Modbus, any external software running in windows, through HMI, anyhow.

I'm assuming you don't have the password. Does the device have the web page activated, OPC UA, anything like that?

There is no way to get the PLC data that can't be locked out by security settings in one way or another.

If you want the analog input readings, you might need to tap them. Obviously the wiring/electronics required varies depending on whether they are voltage/current/temp/etc.

Similar Topics

I've got a Powerflex 700 that doesn't like to get going in the mornings. This motor will run anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes before it just...
Replies
Views
Not a PLC question but I need expert help on this. My FactoryTalk stopped communicating with the server its hosted on. I had an error stating...
Replies
Views
Hi! I am trying to run the 'SimpleSample' (https://infosys.beckhoff.com/content/1033/TF5100_TC3_NC_I/Resources/3438746891/.zip ) to understand the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys! I have 3 servos for X,Y,Z axis controlled by Kinetix 5500. In Studio 5000 there is one Predefined tag in AXIS_CIP_DRIVE called...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone i have a customer, who wants to show an alarm on the machine, if the I/O forces are enabled and set, on at ControlLogix L81E with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom