ControlLogix read force status in plc program

crawler009

Hi everyone

i have a customer, who wants to show an alarm on the machine, if the I/O forces are enabled and set, on at ControlLogix L81E with firmware 33.
I thought i would find a easy GSV command, but i didnt find anything (yet).
Or maybe a MSG with CIP Generic Parameter read, also no luck yet.

One way i found, which would probably work (https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf)
is to read the controller log check for a specific message like "forces enabled" or "forces disabled".
Is it possible to read the messages in the PLC?

Does someone know if its possible to get the Status bit (forces enabled/disabled) directly?

Best regards

Attachments

• controller log types.png
    controller log types.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The document you cite above, chapter 4. Use the GSV instruction shown on page 48. Your Dint will have the info you're looking for. Easiest way.

Use the "Module" Object Class for your GSV
Leave Instance blank
Use "ForceStatus" for the Attribute Name
Enter a Destination INT tag

1711372860135.png

So bit 0 tells you if there are forces installed or not, and bit 1 tells you if force are enabled or not.

1711373360644.png

OG

Last edited: