Opc Foundation!!!!

mattaho

I have been trying to download RSlinx lite and RSlogix 6.0 onto my laptop with XP on it and I can download RSlogix fine but when I try and install RSlinx it starts then when it begins to copy files it gives me this error,
C:/programfiles/commonfile/OPC Foundation/opcproxy.dll .... check to make sure this file exists.

Extremely Frustrated!!!!

Any Help is GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

I've had issues installing linx before and they were all traced to the version of internet explorer installed on the machine...this doesn't sound like the same thing though. I know in my case I needed at least IE 6.0.

As the name suggests, that's a file from the OPC Foundation that RSLinx needs to use. Do you have any other, older OPC servers installed on this PC ? They might be the source of a conflict with the RSLinx installer.

Another thing that can go wrong is having more than one copy of that DLL file. RA Knowledgebase document E44251900 gives directions for registering only the correct copy.